Teacher of Science –April 2019 or September 2019
MPR/UPR (Salary open to negotiations for Outstanding candidates)
Copthall is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet. For a second consecutive year in 2018, our results were outstanding with 31% of all GCSE grades awarded 7-9 / A-A*; 10.5% higher than national average. Our Progress 8 score is +0.77 which has ranked us as a ‘well above average school’
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018, Copthall has been awarded ‘Good’ status “the decisive leadership of the new Headteacher, supported by senior leaders and governors has transformed this school” The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of Science (preferably Physics specialist) who will join a dynamic and committed department. The GCSE Science results were excellent in 2018 with triple Science achieving over 70% 9-7 with Chemistry and Biology being the highest value added subjects in the school. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach Science at KS3-KS4 and A level & Applied Science at KS5. The ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of Science (preferably Physics specialist) or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- encourage our girls to aspire to STEM careers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive science team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous high quality staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL.
- Be part of our exciting STEM scholars programme
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 8th February 2019 (12 noon)
Interviews: Week commencing 11th February 2019
- Salary Offer MPR/UPR (Salary open to negotiations for Outstanding candidates)
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Pack-Science-Teacher-April-2019.doc, Teaching-Application-Form-Final-Jan-2019-1.doc, 1_Candidate-Information-Pack-Science-Teacher-April-2019.doc