Teacher of Science (Physics specialist) and STEM co-ordinator -September 2019
MPR/UPR (TLR available for suitable candidate)
Applications are invited from a dynamic, enthusiastic and student focused leader to be part of our thriving and committed Science department.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving department and for a candidate who may be looking for promotion. You will lead the unique Copthall STEM scholarship programme. This is in collaboration with Mill Hill School Foundation which launched in September 2018 and will see students from both schools benefit from bespoke STEM lectures, activities, and mentoring as well as a range of stimulating trips.
Science is a very popular subject and the department achieved some excellent GCSE results in 2018 with triple Science being amongst the highest in the school in terms of progress and attainment. GCSE Chemistry achieved 71% 9-7 GCSE Biology achieved 69% 9-7 and Physics 59% 9-7. Our Science results are consistently strong with our 2018 results at GCSE well above national averages.
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results offers both A Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection, Copthall has been awarded the status of ‘Good’. ‘By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress’. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach Science at KS3-KS5 and the ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of Science (preferably Physics specialism) or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or have the potential to raise attainment
- have proven experience of working or the potential to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive science team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 25th March 2019 (12 noon)
Interview Date: Week commencing 25th March 2019
- Salary Offer MPR/UPR (TLR available for suitable candidate)
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Pack-Science-Teacher-September-2019.doc