You must have an aptitude for maintenance tasks, cleaning, be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instructions. You will need to be in good health due to the physical nature of some work and have the ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time flexibly. The contract is for 32.5 hours a week (hours dependent upon shift pattern includes some weekends and evenings).
- Site security
- Supervision of cleaning staff, including induction of new staff
- Minor repairs
- efficient operation of heating, water and electricity supplies to carry out routine checks and minor repairs if necessary
- General maintenance duties to keep the school and site, tidy and in good working order including supporting with the management of deliveries and storage of resources within the site
- Minor decorating
- Management of school grounds by liaising with grounds contractors and looking after garden areas
- Health & Safety checks and compliance, working in partnership with Health & Safety Governor & Supervisor to ensure all checks completed and the risk assessments are implemented and updated to help ensure the site is safe for children, staff and visitors
- Maintaining maintenance records and contribute to the planned preventative maintenance schedule
- Managing contractors (including cleaners), helping to secure tradesmen and having overview of their work
- Managing lettings as agreed with the Headteacher, includes opening and closing School around Lettings
The role of site manager also includes communicating with staff, children and parents appropriately as all staff within our school provide role models to the children.
This job description may be amended, according to the changing priorities of the school as identified within the school’s strategic plan and in consultation with the post holder.
Monkfrith School is committed to safeguarding and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be offered the position subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
- Salary Offer Grade D £22,779 - £24, 030
- Attached Documents Site-Manager-Person-Specification-converted.pdf