Senior Science Technician
35 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum (Term Time Only)
£23,187 – £25,353 FTE
£18,785 – £20,540 subject to experience
Do you want to make an impact in a school that is moving forward with exciting times ahead?
We are looking to appoint an experienced technician with the ability to manage the day to day running of our friendly technical team, supporting our busy Science department.
The post holder will assist in practical classes as required and will support the department in the organising and managing of practical resources including basic maintenance of equipment.
Science is a very popular subject and the department achieved some excellent GCSE results in 2018 with triple Science being amongst the highest in the school in terms of progress and attainment. GCSE Chemistry achieved 71% 9-7 GCSE Biology achieved 69% 9-7 and Physics 59% 9-7. Our Science results are consistently strong with our 2018 results at GCSE well above national averages.
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results offers both A Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection, Copthall has been awarded the status of ‘Good’. ‘By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupil’s progress’. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
We offer candidates:
- excellent facilities with 9 well equipped purpose built laboratories
- excellent support from an experienced team of professional technicians
- support, mentoring and professional learning appropriate to the post with access to continuous professional development
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (Wellbeing)
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th June 2019 (12 noon)
- Salary Offer £23,187 - £25,353 FTE£18,785 - £20,540 subject to experience
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Pack-Senior-Science-Technician.doc