Science Technician/Science Teaching Assistant
35 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum (Term Time Only)
£18,657 – £21,717 p.a. incl – depending on experience.
Copthall is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet. For a second consecutive year in 2018, our results were outstanding with 31% of all GCSE grades awarded 7-9 / A-A*; 10.5% higher than national average. Our Progress 8 score is +0.77 which has ranked us as a ‘well above average school’
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018, Copthall has been awarded ‘Good’ status “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
We are looking to appoint a flexible, highly effective, organised and efficient technician to join the team in our large and busy Science Department, working across the key stages and covering Biology, Physics and Chemistry. This post may be of interest to a science graduate as an interim position of a year or as a permanent position with opportunities to progress towards a teaching qualification.
The post holder will assist in practical classes as required and will support the department in the organising and managing of practical resources including basic maintenance of equipment. We will also consider applications from candidates with the ability to manage a small team.
we offer candidates:
- excellent facilities with 9 well equipped purpose built laboratories
- excellent support from an experienced team of professional technicians
- support, mentoring and professional learning appropriate to the post
- a forward looking, hardworking and enthusiastic team of staff with the desire and skills to improve outcomes
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 28th January 2019
- Salary Offer £18,657 - £21,717 p.a. incl – depending on experience.
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Science-Technician-Science-Teaching-Assistant-Jan-2019.doc, 11_Application-Form-Support-Staff.doc