Hours: Part time 0.4 (2 days per week) Contract: Permanent
Salary Range: MPS £27,596 – £38,963 or UPS £40,310 – £43,348 (depending on experience)
We are looking for an inspirational teacher and musician to deliver creative, engaging music lessons in accordance with the National Curriculum to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 children. This is an exciting opportunity to lead music learning across our school.
Cromer Road is a successful 2 form entry school with a history of excellent music provision for our children. We believe that music can offer enrichment across the curriculum and as such we are looking for a music teacher who will work with classroom teachers to develop a music curriculum that supports learning alongside other areas of the curriculum.
We are looking for a specialist music teacher who will:
- Provide high-quality music lessons to classes as part of PPA cover
- Lead singing assemblies, choirs and instrumental groups
- Integrate music into existing events e.g. International Week, Christmas Productions
- Develop additional music events as appropriate
- Provide/coordinate specialist instrumental tuition
In return, our school can provide:
- A warm, friendly atmosphere where colleagues support each other
- Induction for new members of staff
- A wide selection of musical instruments, including class sets of instruments
- A space dedicated to music learning
- A commitment to the health and well-being of pupils and staff
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school office on Tel: 020 8449 3492 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th May 2019 at 12.00 noon
Interview date: Monday 20th May 2019
Cromer Road School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Attached Documents 3_Teaching-Emailable-Application-form.doc