HOME LIAISON AND ATTENDANCE OFFICER
36 hours per week/42 weeks per year (term time plus two weeks)
£25,746 FTE (£22,713 pro-rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Home Liaison and Attendance Officer to apply the school’s attendance and punctuality policy and to assist in delivering pastoral and attendance support to students by maintaining, recording, monitoring and analysing attendance records.
Copthall School is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet. For a second consecutive year in 2018, our results were outstanding with 31% of all GCSE grades awarded 7-9 / A-A*; 10.5% higher than national average. Our Progress 8 score is +0.76 which ranks us as a ‘well above average school’.
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our flourishing Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A-Level results offers both A-Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018, Copthall was awarded ‘Good’ status. “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress.” The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- good computer literacy
- attention to detail with accurate record keeping
- excellent written and verbal communication with a range of stakeholders
- ability to plan and develop own workload and time management
- ability to work under pressure using initiative
and in return we offer candidates:
- support, mentoring and training appropriate to the post
- a forward looking, hardworking and enthusiastic team of staff with the desire and skills to improve outcomes
- the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the school, its students and families
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check and references.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th April 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 29th April 2019
- Salary Offer £25,746 FTE (£22,713 pro-rata)
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Pack-Home-Liason-and-Attendance-Officer-Feb-2019.doc