Salary: Points 37 – 43 (currently £35,025 to £40,887)
Placement on the scale will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Facilities Manager to provide excellence of service in all aspects of facilities and estate management at our historic school. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a supportive environment in a thriving and oversubscribed Secondary School which occupies a beautiful site with extensive grounds in Barnet.
The role will include managing all aspects of facilities across the estate including building services, Health & Safety and security. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading a team, ideally with strong technical knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and an eye for detail.
- Health & Safety NEBOSH qualification or the willingness to undertake this.
- Professional qualification such as BIFM Diploma, RICS FM Associate, MSc Facilities Management or industry equivalent is desirable.
- All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost-efficiency.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation particularly in relation to Health & Safety and environmental management.
- Knowledge of building management, systems maintenance and repair projects.
- Customer relationship management experience.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation, delegation and project management skills.
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills and competency in dealing with financial information.
- Excellent communication skills – letter writing and the written and verbal presentation of information.
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in all Microsoft Office programmes and the ability to create electronic systems to replace those based in hard copy.
- Excellent people skills – an ability to adapt your style as required and manage teams.
- Excellent commercial skills – demonstrate an understanding and awareness of commercial reality.
Application form and further information is available to download from our website www.qegschool.org.uk. Please email your completed application form to: email@example.com – direct applications to the school please.
The school is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 1st March (interviews likely to take place during this week)
We reserve the right to interview candidates who meet our selection criteria prior to this date.
Please note the school will be closed from Monday 18 – Friday 22 February 2019.
- Salary Offer As above