Designated Safeguarding Lead
36 hours per week – 42 weeks per year (term time + two weeks)
£32,637 – £35,025 FTE
£28,557 – £30,646 pro rata
A unique opportunity has arisen to lead on the responsibility for safeguarding, child protection and student well-being across our school.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
At Copthall, we pride ourselves on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries and we have seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. In addition to this, we have a unique partnership with Mill Hill Foundation School which the successful candidate will be expected to develop with innovative and creative ideas for the benefit of both schools.
Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018, Copthall has been awarded ‘Good’ status “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- a comprehensive understanding of safeguarding responsibilities in accordance with KCSIE
- the ability to work strategically and successfully at a senior level
- experience of building relationships with children, their parents and relevant agencies
- experience of handling large amounts of sensitive data and upholding the principles of confidentiality
- ability to work with a range of people with the aim to ensuring the safety and welfare of children
- excellent interpersonal skills with pupils and adults
- self-motivation with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively
- commitment to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students.
and in return we offer the successful candidate the opportunity to:
- support, mentoring and access to continuous staff development appropriate to the post
- join a forward looking, hardworking and enthusiastic team of staff with the desire and skills to improve outcomes
- make a significant contribution to the school, its students and families.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th April 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 29th April 2019
- Salary Offer £32,637 - £35,025 FTE £28,557 - £30,646 pro rata
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Pack-DSL-September-2019.doc