Curriculum Leader – Modern Foreign Languages– September 2019
MPR/UPR & TLR1A – (Salary open to negotiations for outstanding Candidates)
Applications are invited from a dynamic, enthusiastic and student focused practitioner to lead our vibrant and committed Modern Foreign Languages department. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join and lead a department from their current role in a thriving school or alternatively for a candidate who may be looking for the opportunity to secure a promotion. Languages is a very popular subject and the department achieved some excellent GCSE results in 2018 with French and Spanish being amongst the highest in the school in terms of progress and attainment. Our Language results are consistently strong with our 2017/2018 results at GCSE well above national averages.
For a second consecutive year in 2018, the schools’ results were outstanding with 31% of all GCSE grades awarded 7-9 / A-A*; 10.5% higher than national average. Our Progress 8 score is +0.76 which ranks us as a ‘well above average school’ and placed us in the top 3% nationally.
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results offers both A-Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018, Copthall has been awarded ‘Good’ status “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- the ability to enthuse students with a love of learning of Languages
- the ability to teach Spanish and French
- be an expert practitioner in the classroom
- have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils and adults in and out of the classroom
- be able to lead and develop our strong team to continue to build an enthusiastic and
- thriving department
- a commitment to, and be passionate about, maintaining and developing high standards of achievement for learners of all abilities across all Key stages
- ability to think strategically and inspire and promote high expectations to raise standards
- to take a lead role in Quality Assurance within the Department, including lesson observation, work scrutiny, student voice and learning walks
- to use assessment to track progress throughout KS3, 4 and 5
- commitment to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
- committed to promoting extra-curricular trips and activities
and in return we offer candidates the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development.
- All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 25th March 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 25th March 2019
- Salary Offer MPR/UPR & TLR1A – (Salary open to negotiations for outstanding Candidates)
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Pack-Curriculum-Leader-MFL.doc