We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher with the flexibility to work across the age ranges. The successful candidate will be a hardworking, fantastic teacher and willing to play a role in helping our school develop further.
The Headteacher and the Governing Body of the school
Liaison with the teaching and non-teaching staff of the school, Governors, Parents, Children, Advisors and other Professionals
To carry out the professional duties covered by the latest School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document. The postholder will be expected to undertake duties in line with the professional standards for qualified teachers and uphold the professional code of the General Teaching Council for England.
- Teach a class of pupils, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs;
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom;
- Contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors.
As a Class Teacher:
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
- Support initiatives decided by the Headteacher and staff;
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources that challenge and support learning
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into planning;
- Work with school leaders to track the progress of individual children and intervene where pupils are not making progress;
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
- Promote the school’s code of conduct amongst pupils, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy;
- Participate in meetings which relate to the school’s management, curriculum, administration or organisation;
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies;
- Make effective use of ICT to enhance learning and teaching
- Lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom;
- Participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers
This job specification may be reviewed annually or earlier if necessary. In addition it may be amended at any time after consultation with you.
Applications are welcome from NQTs who will be supported by an experienced mentor.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Visits are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by phoning or emailing the school.
Please request an application form directly from Monkfrith School.
Childs Hill is a creative and caring school with high standards and the drive to keep on improving. In tough times we remain focused on giving our pupils a primary school experience to enjoy and remember.
We will offer you:
- Wonderful children and a happy school community
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Strategic support from our Senior Leadership team
- A chance to teach at the only primary school in the UK to hold the Restorative Services Quality Mark
- A school deeply committed to inclusive education with an ethos focused on success for all
- A strong and supportive Governing Body
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding, innovative and inclusive teacher who can motivate others and lead by example
- Hold high expectations of yourself and others
- Have a friendly and approachable manner and excellent communication skills
- Be determined to play a part in the further development of our school
- Demonstrate commitment to helping children & parents succeed and achieve
- Be a reflective, restorative and self-aware practitioner who is ready to learn new skills
So….if you are a creative, enthusiastic (experienced or aspiring) teacher we want to hear from you. If you would like to find out more about the position or arrange a visit to our lovely school, please speak to our Headteacher Dan Hawkins.
Closing date: Monday 25 February @ Noon
Interview date: Thursday 28 February
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alma Primary School is looking for a KS1 or KS2 Class Teacher to join our team for September 2016. NQT’s are welcome to apply.
Full Time, MPS (Outer London)
The successful candidate will:
– be an enthusiastic, inspirational and imaginative teacher
– have high expectations for all pupils
– will support our pupils to make progress through providing rich and personalised experiences
– have high expectations of themselves and work collaboratively to improve teaching and raise standards
– have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We can offer:
– an informative and welcoming induction
– happy, enthusiastic, well behaved children who are eager to learn
– a commitment to your professional development
– friendly supportive staff and governors and a diverse welcoming community
All applicants are encouraged and warmly welcome to visit our school.
Please contact the School Business Manager Wendy Ochs on 0208 8043302 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment and collect a ‘Candidates Information Pack’ which includes the Person Specification and Job Description.
All schools and services in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work in our schools is expected to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references.