Barnet Virtual School is looking to appoint a caseworker for the Summer term but this position could be extended further if agreeable to both parties. This may suit someone looking for a term’s work or someone who is looking to try a different type of education role for a term. A secondment from a school for a term would also be welcomed.
The purpose of Barnet Virtual School is to:
- track and monitor the progress of Barnet’s looked after children / young people (LAC) in school and through further and higher education settings
- to give advice and guidance to other workers who directly engage with these young people.
- To raise the educational attainment and achievement of Children in Care and Care Leavers.
- to ensure that Children in Care have equal access to educational, training and employment opportunities
- To ensure that Children in Care participate and progress within a wide range of educational and broader activities within and extending beyond schools
The successful candidate would be responsible for championing the education achievement for a caseload of Looked After Children in the Virtual School.
The successful candidate would be based at North London Business Park but should expect to work flexibility and be prepared to travel to, on occasions, to meet with young people across the country.
More information about the post can be found in the job description attached but Karen Walsh-Saunders (Head of the Virtual School) would welcome an informal chat about the role with interested candidates. She can be contacted via email (email@example.com) or by telephone: 0208 359 7744.
If you wish to apply for the position please contact Karen on the details above via email.
Closing Date for applications is 3rd May 2019.
- Attached Documents CASEWORKER-FINAL-APR-2019.docx