Assistant Headteacher – Sixth Form Lead
£55,588-£63,930 per annum
A unique opportunity has arisen to lead our increasingly growing Sixth Form into its next phase of development. Judged as Good in our last two Ofsted inspections (2016 & 2018), our thriving Sixth Form is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results and offers both A Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications. We run an Oxbridge programme, the EPQ and an excellent enrichment programme to ensure we cater for the needs of all our students. In addition to this, we have a unique partnership with Mill Hill Foundation School which the successful candidate will be expected to develop with innovative and creative ideas for the benefit of both schools.
This role will suit a successful middle leader looking for a promotion to senior leadership or for an existing senior leader with a proven track record. The ideal candidate will have passion, experience and creativity and will build on the excellent work that has already been done to further drive the successes of our flourishing Sixth Form. The Assistant Head will work closely with the Deputy Head to ensure a consistent approach to education and well-being in all areas of the school’s work. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Sixth Form will also contribute to the wider strategic direction of the school. You would be working with an energetic and dynamic Senior Leadership Team and an excellent staff body who are aspirational for our young women and committed to raising standards so that all our students receive ‘An Excellent Education’.
Candidates are welcome and encouraged to visit the school on Wednesday 24th April 2019 at 2.15pm to meet with the Headteacher and have a tour of our school. Please contact the school to confirm your attendance.
At Copthall, we pride ourselves on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries and we have seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018, Copthall has been awarded ‘Good’ status “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- the qualities needed to grow our sixth form so that it has a distinct curriculum and co-curricular offer
- the ability to work strategically and successfully at a senior leadership level
- a commitment to, maintaining and developing high standards of achievement for learners of all abilities
- the ability to enthuse students with a love of learning
- excellent interpersonal skills with pupils and adults in and out of the classroom
- experience of improving the quality of teaching and learning
- self-motivation with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively
- aptitude to develop new ideas
- commitment to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
and in return we offer the successful candidate the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development
- All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQH & NPQSL
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 26th April 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 29th April 2019
- Salary Offer £55,588-£63,930 per annum
- Attached Documents Candidate-Information-Pack-AHT-Sixth-Form-Lead-March-2019.doc