- We are looking to appoint two SEND teachers.
- Salary: MPS/UPS + 1 SEN depending on qualifications
- Full time
- (NQTs with relevant experience will be considered – QTS required)
- Start Date: 1st September 2021
Exciting opportunities at Mapledown School! We are opening a satellite provision in a local secondary school and recruiting outstanding teachers to join our staff both on our main site and at our satellite provision.
Mapledown School is Barnet’s only secondary special school for students with Severe and Profound or Complex learning difficulties and Autism. Our ethos and vision are to provide a learning environment for all members of the school community, where everyone can work and learn together. We aim to ensure our wonderful and inspiring students are given the dignity of challenge, and opportunities to be heard, become as independent as possible and achieve their very best. All young people have the right to have their individual needs met, and therefore Mapledown staff provide learners with a personalised curriculum which is focused on the successful acquisition of knowledge and skills which will have a positive impact on their lives and opportunities.
We are looking for two teachers to join our teaching team. If you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, we are looking for inspiring and highly motivated teachers. If you would like to join our friendly, enthusiastic and hard-working team, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner
- Dedicated to the welfare, safeguarding and achievement of every child
- Able to inspire, challenge and motivate all children
- Committed to providing outstanding learning experiences
- Passionate about working with students who present with a range of complex needs
- Able to remain calm and supportive under pressure.
- Creative, innovative and has a passion for improvement
- Forward thinking and committed to raising standards
- Organised and has highly developed communication skills
We can offer you:
- A warm, supportive and positive learning and working environment
- Staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students at Mapledown
- The opportunity to be part of a team where skills, enthusiasm and desire to succeed will be recognised
- The opportunity to play an active part in the school’s development
Visits to the school are encouraged (COVID-19 restrictions apply). Mapledown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- CLOSING DATE: Friday 14th May 2021
- INTERVIEWS: Thursday 20th May 2021
- START DATE: 1st September 2021
“This Post is Subject to Safer Recruitment and an Enhanced DBS with Barring Check is required for this Post”.
“Barnet Council is committed to making sure that everyone living in Barnet is safe and protected and that our specific statutory responsibilities to safeguard children and vulnerable adults are effectively met