Deputy Head of Science
MPR/UPR & TLR2b
Do you share our values of Respect, Equality for All, Support and Safety, Aspiration and Responsibility?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom teacher with strong practical skills who has the ability to enthuse and engage pupils. This is an excellent opportunity to join and further strengthen the leadership, of an established and successful and thriving department. The Science department is well resourced and has a good team of teaching and technical staff that are all passionate about science education.
Science is a very popular subject and our results are consistently strong with our 2019 results at GCSE well above the national averages (71% 9-4, 15% 9-7 in Combined Science, 100% 9-4, 46% 9-7 in Biology, 100% 9-4, 67% 9-7 in Chemistry and 98% 9-4, 50% 9-7 Physics).
For the third year running, Copthall celebrated another very successful year in our examination results. Our P8 score +0.89 places us in the top 3% in the country for progress. 90% of English grades were 9-4 with increases in outcomes for both Maths and Science. One of our students was the highest achieving history student in the whole country and gained a suite of grade 8s & 9s. Our A-level results were equally impressive, with our A*-C grades increasing from 61% in 2018 to 74%. In addition to this, students who sat vocational subjects did equally well with the average grade a Merit+.
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our thriving Sixth Form, which is in the top 12% of schools for A-Level results, offers both A-Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our Ofsted inspection in May 2018, we were awarded ‘Good’ status: “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils’ progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
· be an outstanding teacher or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
· be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
· have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
· be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
· have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Join a supportive team that has a good track record for student outcomes
· Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL
· Benefit from our Employee Assistance Programme (Wellbeing)
· Contribute to our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Tuesday 26th May (12 noon)
Interview: Thursday 28th May 2020
MPR/UPR & TLR2b
File Upload: Candidate-Information-Pack-Deputy-Head-of-Science.docx