Chalgrove Primary wish to appoint a committed and adaptable SEND Teaching Assistant to work in Forest Lodge – our additionally resourced provision for children with Autism to start as soon as possible. We are a popular and successful school and our children show outstanding behaviour and enthusiasm for learning. We opened our new autism provision in October 2018. Our children work within the purpose-built provision on the main school site and where appropriate in the mainstream school. Our provision offers an autism friendly environment where our children are happy and stimulated. We have a strong inclusion focus across the school.
We are looking for someone who:
· Has experience working with children with SEND particularly autism in a Special School or in a Specialist Provision
· Is comfortable and able to support with personal care and medical needs
· Has positive behaviour management skills
· Has a good standard of maths, written and spoken English
· Is passionate about Children’s education and is able to positively promote inclusion
· Can inspire children by being creative whilst offering a high standard of care
· Is an enthusiastic and friendly professional who would like to work as part of a team
· Positive and solution focussed
· Is flexible, hardworking and willing to go above and beyond for our children
· Knowledge of autism and communication difficulties or a commitment to training
In return we can offer:
· Wonderful children
· Friendly staff
· Supportive parents and governors
· A specialist environment designed for children with autism
· Opportunities for professional development
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the protection of children. We expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be interviewed in line with our safer recruitment policy and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please download or e-mail the school office for an application pack. Completed application forms should be emailed or posted directly to the school.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 2th November 2020
Interview Weeks: w/c Monday 9th November 2020Actual salary £19073